Large and small scale domestic and commercial construction can quickly accumulate large amounts of waste and rubbish.
Before you can consider opening a building, the site will need to be cleared of any debris, extra materials and dirt – with the most efficient method being skip hire from Staffordshire Skip Hire.
For our latest post, we are going to share some advice on how to keep your site clean and tidy, no matter the size of the project.
Six Tasks when Cleaning Construction Areas
Before your work is complete on a project, you will need to make sure your site is clean and waste-free, which is doubly important if this is your own home.
Here are the essentials to efficient construction site cleaning from our team –
- Book Your Skip Hire – Before starting, ensure you have given Staffordshire Skip Hire a call so your waste can be disposed of properly.
- Identify Recyclable Items – Identify what can be recycled before you start your clear out. Materials such as wood and metal can be repurposed plus glass, making your project more environmentally friendly. As you are dealing with construction waste or business rubbish you have a duty of care to make sure it is disposed of properly.
- Organise and Separate Waste – When you have split up what can and cannot be recycled, it is a good idea to organise separate areas for rubbish to be collected. Naturally, you will want to put waste into a skip, which helps to keep sites neat and today.
- Separate Larger Items – Ensure larger items that require specialist removal or equipment because of their size and weight, are kept away from general waste. This ensures there is plenty of room for both piles to be removed without disruption. Read the certain restrictions on what can be placed in skips.
- Arrange a Skip Collection Date – Now it is time to arrange a suitable date for the collection of your skip. This part of the process can be done during the initial hiring stage, which gives you a timetable to work towards too.
- Have One Final Clean – Once your waste has been taken away, it is time for a final cleaning session with the mops and brooms. This includes your building’s interiors, plus the windows, removing any window stickers plus you can take away any protective covers from glass, equipment and floors.
Reliable and Affordable Skip Hire
Staffordshire Skip Hire have been providing the most cost-effective and reliable waste removal service for customers across Stoke on Trent for a number of years.
Working with us will keep your project on time and on budget, and you can be assured your rubbish will be disposed responsibly and in an environmentally friendly and legal manner.